Located in the heart of Kakadu National Park, the Nawurlandja Lookout offers visitors breathtaking views of the park’s stunning landscapes.
Whether you’re an avid hiker or just looking for a beautiful photo opportunity, this lesser-known location should not be missed.
Enjoy the Breathtaking Views of Nawurlandja Lookout at Sunrise and Sunset
Just a 30-minute drive south of Jabiru, the main township of the park, the Nawurlandja Lookout can be accessed by a short walk up a relatively steep slope.
However, the stunning panoramic views of Anbangbang Billabong, Nourlangie Rock (Burrungkuy), and the Arnhem Land escarpment are well worth the effort.
For the best views, it’s recommended to visit the lookout during sunrise or sunset when the light hits the rocks and landscapes at an angle, creating stunning colors and shadows.
And if you’re lucky enough to be there during a full moon, you can witness the magical sight of the moon rising over the landscape.
It’s important to note that while the walk to the lookout is relatively short, it can be quite steep and rocky in some parts.
Visitors are advised to wear sturdy shoes and bring plenty of water and sunscreen.
The Nawurlandja Lookout is a perfect location for nature lovers, hikers, and photographers alike.
So, make sure to add it to your itinerary when visiting Kakadu National Park for an unforgettable experience.
Full moon rising at Nawurlandja lookout? There’s no such thing as a bad angle at this lesser known location, especially at sunrise and sunset. Located 30 minutes south of the region’s main township Jabiru, it’s just a short walk up a relatively steep slope for world-class views across Anbangbang Billabong to Nourlangie Rock (Burrungkuy) and the #ArnhemLand escarpment. Cheers for tagging Northern Teritory Australia, @kyle_hunter.
See Australia #TourismTopEnd #SeeKakadu
Tips To Visit
Nawurlandja Lookout is a spectacular viewing point located in the heart of Kakadu National Park, Australia.
This vantage point provides breathtaking panoramic views across Anbangbang Billabong to Nourlangie Rock (Burrungkuy) and the Arnhem Land escarpment.
Here are some tips for visiting the Nawurlandja Lookout:
- Wear appropriate footwear: The walk up to the lookout can be steep, so wearing comfortable and sturdy footwear is recommended. Sneakers or hiking boots are the best options.
- Bring a camera: The views from the lookout are simply stunning, so don’t forget to bring your camera to capture the moment. Sunrise and sunset are particularly beautiful times to visit, with the changing colors of the sky and the moonrise providing an awe-inspiring sight.
- Plan your visit: Nawurlandja Lookout is located around 30 minutes south of the main township of Jabiru in Kakadu National Park. Plan your visit accordingly and make sure to allow enough time to reach the lookout and take in the breathtaking views.
- Bring plenty of water: The climb up to the lookout can be strenuous, so it’s important to stay hydrated. Bring plenty of water with you, especially if you plan to visit during the hotter months.
- Respect the environment: Nawurlandja Lookout is located within the Kakadu National Park, which is an important cultural and natural site for the traditional owners, the Bininj/Mungguy people. It’s important to respect the environment, stay on designated paths, and avoid any damage to the surrounding flora and fauna.
Visiting the Nawurlandja Lookout is an unforgettable experience and one that should not be missed when exploring the beauty of Kakadu National Park.
How To Get There
The lookout is situated 30 minutes south of the main township of Jabiru and is easily accessible by car.
To get to Kakadu National Park, visitors can drive from Darwin, which is approximately a 3-hour drive away.
Alternatively, there are several tour companies that offer guided tours to the park.
Once inside the park, follow the signs to Nourlangie Rock, which is a popular attraction in the area. Nawurlandja Lookout is located just a short walk from the Nourlangie Rock car park.
It’s important to note that the climb up to the lookout can be relatively steep, so visitors should wear appropriate footwear and bring plenty of water.
Additionally, visitors should be aware of any seasonal weather conditions that may impact their visit and plan accordingly.
Overall, getting to Nawurlandja Lookout is relatively straightforward, and the scenic views from the top make the journey well worth it.
For more information, you can visit : https://parksaustralia.gov.au/kakadu/